Wednesday, August 5, 2009

WTF Wednesday: August 5th

Half way through another week and time for a round of WTF. Here are some of the moments from the past 7 days that had me shaking my head and saying WTF?

WTF was I thinking when I choose TGIFridays for lunch last Friday? Love the food but forgot that the avenue in front of the plaza where they are located often floods when we have a lot of rain and seeing as it's the 2nd wettest summer on record around here it goes without saying it is wet!

WTF is the summer going? Between boatloads of work and more washout days than I can count, it feels like it's barely begun and yet the calendar shows it is August already.

WTF didn't Acela (restaurant overlooking Citifield) have bacon. Seriously? $41 a plate for brunch and a gal can't get any bacon? *I didn't actually have to pay for brunch it was included in the ticket pack my friend had received when making a donation to ACS in exchange for the tickets but still... no bacon??

WTF to me for leaving my sliding back door open when I was out of the house all day. Luckily I have guard cats and everything was ok when I returned home.

WTF can't I click through and accept Facebook application requests quickly anymore? I don't have all day. It's annoying and I wish they'd fix it already.

WTF to the man who went on a rampage at LA Fitness near Pittsburgh last night killing 3 women and then himself. WTF drives a person to such extremes?

Aaaahhhh... feels good to vent. What are the moments of the past week that got your goat?

4 comments:

  1. Sorry it took me so long to get here!!! WTF is up with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Caroline, it's only my 3rd blog over here. I suppose one could ask WTF too me so long? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom and I work in the same building so we have lunch together every day. We went to TGI Friday's when it first opened and there were hardly any customers there and STILL it took over an hour. We can't take hour and a half lunches. My mom sent a letter to the manager and we got coupons for $5 two entrees, so we went back and AGAIN, hardly any customers, over an hour. So we won't go back. They're in an area full of offices so you'd think they'd realize they need to speed it up at lunchtime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Stephanie. Slow service is a definate downer. I have some flexibility with my schedule so it's not a huge issue for me but I feel for those who have to stick to a schedule.

    My biggest TGIFriday's WTF moment came several years back. I had dinner there with my sisters. I paid the bill with credit card but left a cash tip. I wrote on the receipt where the tip should be "CASH". When I checked my account statement a few days later there was a tip added to the bill. I called the restaurant and the manager was very concerned. He looked into things and called me back shortly to let me know that they were refunding my credit card and that the employee had been fired.

    ReplyDelete